Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Be present & follow the life flow

To me, it is not easy to be just present with Chinchin without seeing my active participation. But during the period of trouble two, people advised me to learn this. It is because she tends to be self-centred and don't like to follow. So be present and have occasional attention/hug/touch may be more appropriate sometimes.

Besides, people told me that her regression behaviours like sucking fingers, drawing old things and playing old games are some ways she can reexperience the happy times before and the happy times with mommy in the past. So, allow such regression behaviours in adjusting period is needed.

Attention-seeking behaviour is another issue that must be alway beared in mind. Ignore and don't address the attention-seeking behaviour but to divert her, e.g. by giving a hug to her, is a good way to walk through this period.

Going to the park, to the library, an hour break with husband, are those I could do and help the present situation. Enjoy the present time I can be with her always and help her to walk through the school adjustment period, this is a good way to "pass" this time period.

No comments: